For your consideration.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

To a Generation;

I open my eyes; and I see. You too, open your eyes; you see. But collectively and together, our eyes are without origin. We are scattered marbles on a floor. Do we see?

In this time we are illuminated, each one of us. Each one of us is within the ability to proliferate ideas - of art, of humor, of love, of hate, of expression. With the functions of technology and the abundance of democratized resources, we are voices in new mediums. We are networked together, and cannot be stopped by a single blow. Destroy one point, and the network will sustain and progressively flourish. Communication is vividly more efficient; we are vividly more efficient. I see means to an end.

It is this, that I see. I see consequence. I see a Burden. But what I see, is that We see corrupt governments. We see corrupt governments proliferate nuclear weapons. We see our climate crumble beneath the industrial plow. We see our medical care fail the sick. We see guns in our businesses, our schools, on our streets. It is this, that you see. You see consequence. You see a Burden.

I see the means to the end. Perhaps, you do too. But collectively and together, our eyes are without origin. Do we see?

Is this generation - not defined - without origin? I see that we are not defined. You see that we are not defined. We have yet to accept our wakening responsibility to a global effort. We are marbles scattered on the floor, stars scattered throughout a galaxy. We are without origin.

We are Blue ink stains on a sheet, ink that has spilled without a form. Must we wait to let the ink dry? Is it not time to define? Is it not time to write? Can we change our formless stain into a vividly more efficient network? Do we have the means? Do we see an end?

This generation is without origin. I see that we are the Blue Burden. Do you see the Blue Burden? Do We see the Blue Burden?

1 comment:

LaBlanca said...

This is so beautifully written.